Goodies Giveaway: Robert Mondavi Discover Wine Tour
The 2011 Robert Mondavi Discover Wine Tour with special guest Ted Allen will be wrapping up at the Philadelphia Food & Wine Festival on October 21-23 at the Valley Forge Convention Center in King of Prussia. To celebrate the tour, Robert Mondavi Winery is offering a prize pack giveaway for one lucky Philly Chit Chat reader.
Now in its sixth year, the Robert Mondavi Discover Wine Tour is an interactive event that brings the Napa Valley wine country experience to wine lovers across the United States at various food and wine festivals. On Friday, October 21, the festival will feature cooking demonstrations and tips by Food Network Chopped host Ted Allen, a Robert Mondavi Private Selection Food & Wine Ambassador. Along with Ted at the Robert Mondavi Winery’s Napa-inspired tasting pavilion will be educational seminars and other interactive events. Robert Mondavi Discover Wine Tour highlights include:·
- Educational Seminar – a Wine 101 class to help learn the basics on what to look for (and taste) in every bottle
- Wine & Cooking Stage – demonstrations and tastings by local chefs and wine experts
- Essence Station – put your senses to the test and learn how to appreciate wines’ subtle aromas
- Interactive iPad – email recipes and wine pairings, see photos, sign up for Winery news, and view tasting notes all at the touch of a button
- Mondavi Theater – watch a short documentary film showcasing how Robert Mondavi revolutionized the American wine industry
The Philadelphia Food & Wine Festival will take place on Friday, October 21 from 4 p.m. – 8 p.m., Saturday, October 22 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday, October 23 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tickets are available starting at $30 in advance ($40 at the door). Children 6-12 are $5 and children under 6 are free. (Seminars, Chefs on Stage series and VIP Cocktail Party are additional.) Tickets for all events can be purchased online. You can also learn more about Robert Mondavi wines by liking the winery’s Facebook page. Robert Mondavi’s wines are gluten free.
The prize pack includes a Robert Mondavi chef’s apron, Sigg Steel water bottle, keychain, and copy of Ted Allen’s The Food You Want to Eat cookbook. To enter send me your email with the subject line Robert Mondavi contest.
Some brief guidelines: (1) Must be 21 years or older (2) U.S. residents only. 3) Tell me if you’re a subscriber to PhillyChitChat daily email, and if not if I can subscribe you.
I’ll randomly select one winner tomorrow at 4PM and will contact him or her Thursday by 5PM