PHL To Do: Race for the Cure Young Friends Happy Hour 2/16/17
With the young professionals community representing the next generation of leaders to take up the fight to end breast cancer, Komen Philadelphia is taking specific steps to bring them into the breast cancer community of activists now. Aside from cultivating new leaders, the organization works to bring young professionals into the movement because it is important to them… that is, they not only have mothers, aunts and sisters who have been diagnosed by this disease, but at this stage in their lives their peers are being diagnosed as well.
Here are the basics of the Happy Hour for the Komen Philadelphia Young Professionals community:
- When: Thursday, February 16 from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Where: Rarest at the aka Washington Square, 834 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia
- Newly opened in November, Rarest has already been named one of the hottest bars in Philadelphia by Zagat. Moreover, it’s executive chef is a winner from CNBC’s Restaurant Startup
- What: Happy hour + Race for the Cure registration rally
- Special: $25 donation to Komen Philadelphia includes: entrée into the event, appetizers, beer and wine and one adult registration for the 2017 Komen Philadelphia Race for the Cure (typically a $30 fee)
- All $25 donations and Race signup will be made at the door and every penny benefits the lifesaving work of Komen Philadelphia as well as breast cancer research.
- Website page: https://komenphiladelphia.org/events/young-professionals-mixer-at-rarest/