T&T: Opera Phila O17 Launch, SIPS Balcony Bar at Kimmel Center, and East Passyunk Car Show Sunday
This and That: Opera Phila O17 Launch, SIPS Balcony Bar at Kimmel Center, and East Passyunk Car Show Sunday
Earlier this month, Opera Philadelphia hosted a kickoff party to celebrate the launch of O17, an annual opera festival in September that will feature 29 performances at six different venues, over a 12-day period.
The event also was the debut of the official 017 beer, Opera Philadelphia Ale (OPA) by Flying Fish.
It was also the debut of the Balcony Bar at the Kimmel Center, which is also a Center City Sips location Wednesdays 5 – 7 pm (TONIGHT), when drinks are as low as $3. Happy hour is also offered Thursday and Friday, 5 – 7pm. Check out the SIPS Specials, including delicious Jose Garces Fare like Half-Priced Appetizers Seasonal Pickles $5 Ricotta, Olive Tapenade, Sourdough Nashville Hot Chicken Sliders $9 Buttermilk Fried Chicken, Bread & Butter Pickle Meatball Sliders $10 Provolone Fondue, Pain Au Lait Roll Black Bean Burger Sliders $9 Pickled Red Cabbage, Avocado, Thousand Island Margherita Pizza $10 Tomato, Fresh Mozzarella, Basil Pierogies $6 Cheddar, Ranch, Fried Pickles Slider Trio $10 Chicken, Meatball, Black Bean. Sounds good…. Check out more photos at PhillyStyle Mag
Balcony Bar at the Kimmel Center
Hours of Operation
- June 14 – September 1
- Wednesday – Friday, 5pm – 9pm
East Passyunk Car Show Announces Street Food Deals from Pistola’s Del Sur, Barcelona and More
South Philly’s largest summer festival is back and bigger than ever! The 12th Annual East Passyunk Car Show and Street Festival returns on Sunday, July 30th, from 11:00am to 4:00pm.
POPE – $5 food special- two hot dogs and fries, $5 drink special – Jameson Black Barrel and Cola
* Punk Burger – $5 vegan pulled portobello slider with pulled portobello, punk sauce and vegan coke slaw, $5 Beef Caprese slider with beef, fresh mozzarella, tomato, basil and balsamic glaze, $5 Cheeseburger slider with beef and American cheese
* South Philly Bar and Grill – $5 Golden Monkey, $5 doubles IPA and $5 bar bites
* Townsend – Porchetta sandwich and a TBD veggie option
* Vin Cafe – Single wine taste
“The 12th Annual Car Show and Street Festival is back and bigger than ever with more space for cars, a new family fun area at the Gateway and more street food specials from our restaurants,” said EPABID Executive Director Pam Zenzola. “Families from around the tri-state area flock to the East Passyunk to cruise the cars, enjoy live music on every block and taste authentic South Philly cooking. We are thrilled to bring back South Philly’s largest annual summer tradition!”
* Mamma Maria- Italian favorites, $5 gnocchi
* Manatawny Still Works Craft Spirits and Tasting Room – $5 special cocktails
* Marra’s – $5 meatball sandwich on a sarcones roll
* Noord – Bitterballen (Dutch fried pork croquettes), $5 Noord punch
* Paradiso – $5 arancini, $5 margarita and sangria
Over 140 muscle, classic, antique, custom and show cars, trucks and motorcycles will line the five blocks between Broad and Dickinson streets. The fee for participating cars is $20 per vehicle. Registration will take place at Broad and EPA between 8:00am and 12:00pm. Space is available on a first come, first served basis. Trophies will be awarded in dozens of categories, including: Top 50, Best Stock, Best Modified, Best Engine, Best Paint, Best 50’s Custom, Best Street Rod, Best Low Rider, Best Truck, Best Motorcycle, and Best of Show Car and Motorcycle. ast Passyunk Avenue Business Improvement District (EPABID) is revving up for the 12th Annual Car Show and Street Festival on Sunday, July 30, 2017, from 11:00am to 4:00pm, on EPA between Broad and Dickinson streets. Over 140 muscle, classic, antique, custom and show cars, trucks and motorcycles will line the Avenue, with street vendors, rack sales, kids’ activities, live music and the Bang! Boom! CRAFT! Show in between.
- Wine and dine among the cars as award-winning restaurants and food trucks serve specially priced street food and summertime drinks. Admission is FREE for attendees and $20 for cars. The rain date is Sunday, August 6, 2017. For information, visit www.visiteastpassyunk.
com, tweet at @epassyunkave and follow #passyunkcarshow.
(Opera Philadelphia and East Passyunk are both clients of PhillyChitChat)