11th ANNUAL GREENFEST PHILLY IS TASTIER THAN EVER WITH NEW COOKING DEMONSTRATIONS, EDIBLE BUGS, BEER GARDEN, ORGANIC FOODS AND MORE
Clean Air Council’s 11th Annual Greenfest Philly presented by Toyota Hybrids returns to Headhouse Square (2nd and South Streets) on Sunday, September 11, 2016 from 10:00am to 4:00pm. The tri-state region’s largest environmental festival and tastier than ever – with new cooking demonstrations with Miss Rachel’s Pantry, P’unk Burger and Revolution Taco, plus organic food vendors, free coffee from Joe Coffee, outdoor beer garden and edible bugs. Festivities will also include live music, group bike rides, free adult and kids’ yoga, hybrid vehicle test drives, handmade and green shopping, MOM’s Organic Market Kids’ Corner and a twenty-five foot rock wall. Admission is free.
* Enjoy a tasty surprise as you sample edible bugs from Bug Yum including crickets on crackers and chocolate brownies made with flour made from ground bugs.
* Enjoy a rest and recharge station with refurbished chairs and furniture, free iced coffee from Joe Coffee and solar powered chargers.
*Make an upcycled succulent arrangement to display in your home with Beaucycled or seed bombs to plant in your garden with Green Philly.
*Arrive at Greenfest Philly emissions free with Go Philly Go and Kiddical Mass’ organized bike ride from Fitler Square.
* Outdoor yoga with Three Queens Yoga led by Adriana Akintobi from 10:00am to 11:00am at 2nd and South streets stage.
* Shop for eco-friendly fashion, beauty, and home goods – including Neal’s Organic Yard Remedies body products and Philadelphia Independents locally crafted one-of-a-kind gifts.
* Purchase upcycled jewelry handmade art and crafts from eco-artisans such as Beaucycled and Modern Hex.
*Toyota Hybrids’ on-site showroom will feature their full line of hybrid vehicles. Festival goers will have the opportunity to test drive vehicles like the all new 2017 Prius Prime.
* Leave your ‘wheels’ with the complimentary bike valet courtesy of Philadelphia Insurance Companies.
* Free 30 minute rides and unlimited bike parking for those taking Indego bike share to the Festival.
* Clean out your closets and bring your clothing, accessories, toys, books and more to the Philly Swap at Greenfest Philly. Bring gently used clothing, toys and books for free entry into the swap area, or make a $5 donation (includes a free Philly Swap bag). Upon entry in the swap, you are free to roam and take what you’d like. Philly AIDS Thrift is donating the starting items for the swap, and will also be on hand with items from their retail space.
For the first time, Greenfest will launch a new cooking series with top restaurants and chefs from around the city demonstrating their signature vegan and vegetarian dishes – and giving cooking tips using ingredients from the Headhouse Farmers’ Market. The line-up for this year will be:
* Noon – Rachel Klein of Miss Rachel’s Pantry – savory cashew-ricotta dumpling with caramelized onion and grilled apples in thyme butter sauce.
* 1:00pm – Marlo Dilks of P’unk Burger and SliCE (whose organic location opens in Fishtown in September) – pulled Portobello BBQ Sandwich
* 2:00pm – Michael Sultan of Revolution Taco, Say Cheese Philly, Street Food Philly, Taco Mondo, 33rd Street Hospitality – Curried Cauliflower Tacos
Enjoy sustainably brewed beer from Pennsylvania’s Weyerbacher brewery.
Sample delicious, healthy, local and organic food from popular food trucks and local eateries.
*Nomad Pizza uses fresh, local, organic ingredients. Enjoy pizza fresh from their from their traveling wood-fired brick oven.
* Weckerley’s Ice Cream specializing in local seasonal flavors and transcendent ice cream sandwiches.
* Kung Fu Hoagies is an all vegetarian and vegan friendly food cart serving South and West Philadelphia. Hoagies, noodles and sides creatively inspired by traditional vegetarian Vietnamese food, served by friendly local Kung Fu addicts.
* Mompops makes vegan, allergen friendly ice-pops that are gluten free, nut free, dairy free and low calorie.
* Soy Cafe is hand crafted vegan baked goods, including cupcakes, donuts, cookies and whoopie pies.
* Follow Your Heart – Vegan cheese and vegenaise.
* Twisted Tail – Headhouse restaurant to serve local and seasonal food (and drinks) in extended outdoor cafe space
IN MOM’S Organic Market Kids’ Corner
* Healthy Snacks from MOM’s Organic Market – Kids and parents are welcome to stop by MOM’s Organic Market’s booth for free samples and healthy snacks.
* Rock Climb from 10:00am to 4:00pm – Kids and adults can catch climbing fever and try their hand at scaling a 25 foot rock wall.
*Kids’ yoga throughout the day with Yoga Friends.
* Climate City – CUSP, a network of local organizations who engage the public on climate change issues, will create a special area called Climate City, where visitors can learn about the local impacts of climate change and what they can do about them. The area will feature hands-on activities and resources for visitors young and old to learn how to prepare for a hotter, wetter Philadelphia.
* PAWS (Philadelphia Animal Welfare Society) will feature dogs and cats available for adoption, as well as give away information on volunteering.
* Pinwheel making activity for kids and information for parents about protecting the environment for future generations from Mom’s Clean Air Force.
* Mobile paint party to inspire the artist that lives in all of us. Kids can paint their own masterpiece with A Taste of Artistry.
Everyone knows the most sustainable music is grown right in your own backyard. Hitting the GreenFest Philly stage on Sunday, September 13, 2015 11:00am to 4:00pm is Philly’s best emerging bands.
Clean Air Council’s Greenfest Philly is presented by Toyota Hybrids, with support from MOM’s Organic Market, Philadelphia Insurance Companies (PHLY), Aversa PR & Events, South Street Headhouse District, ConsolidatedSolar.net, AVRS and Yelp.