PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES PARADE WORLD SERIES DETAILS & STADIUM INFO
The city of Philadelphia will honor its victorious Phillies team with a parade on Friday. Mayor Michael Nutter was ecstatic after watching the Phillies clinch the world series title after a big gap of 25 years.
Where: Parade will start at 20th and Market Streets, then proceed east on Market Street and continue south on 15th Street. Continue around the south side of City Hall and onto South Broad Street, where it will head to the sports complex. The procession will make a left on Hartranft Street into the sports complex, where fans with tickets can watch a post-game celebration taking place at Citizens Bank Park and simulcast at Lincoln Financial Field.
* Cost: It will be free, but you will need a ticket to get into either venue. There is no admission to simply line the route.
but the TICKETS are all gone. They were available at 3 p.m. Thursday through the Phillies Web site, Seas ticket holders got preference. Only those fans with tickets will be admitted into these facilities.
* Who: Phillies players and coaches will be at the rallies. More than a million fans are expected to line the site.
* Refreshments: No beer will be sold at either stadium, according to Phils’ boss David Montgomery. Because it doesn’t seem that the fans can handle their liquor after the looting and flipping cars Wednesday night after the win.
* Parking: Will be hard to come by. Parking will be prohibited on Market Street west of City Hall and Broad Street south of City Hall. Vehicles still in those zones will be towed.
* Mass Transit: SEPTA is planning to beef up bus, subway, El and regional rail service into the city. PATCO high-speed line will have extra service all day, with trains to and from South Jersey running every six minutes or less from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.* Police: City officials are planning a heavy presence to prevent some of the problems involving vandalism and destruction of property that marred the party on South Broad Street after the game Wednesday night.
* Sponsors: A slew of corporations are putting up more than $100,000 to help the city defray the cost of the shindig.
Why don’t some of you guys send some money to the guy who’s car was flipped over…
Mommy, where did you and daddy meet?Now go and Vote on Tuesday, Barrack Obama!
this kids are putting their condoms to good use
He’s says it’s Penn State’s year for a victory!!
Mayor Nutter had strong words today for Phillies fans planning on attending tomorrow’s parade. “You can be joyous, you cannot be a jackass,” Nutter said
The primary post-parade celebration will take place at Citizens Bank Park, and will also be broadcast live at Lincoln Financial Field. Gates at both facilities will open at 10:00 a.m. Tickets are needed for entry to both Citizens Bank Park and Lincoln Financial Field, and can be obtained through an exclusive online opportunity at http://www.phillies.com
George was smiling all night
Phillies players have been told to report to Citizens Bank Park at 8:40 a.m. on Friday, where they will be escorted to 20th and Market Streets for the start of the biggest parade these parts have seen since Moses Malone and the 1983 Philadelphia 76ers were escorted down Broad Street under a cascade of ticker tape.
“Phillies fans have been waiting 28 years for this day,” Nutter said in a statement issued following Wednesday’s Game 5 clincher. “We deserve this win. I can’t wait to share this day with Phillies fans from across the city, state, and even country.”
Come back and visit Philly Chit Chat, we do an entry everyday of events and Philly stuff