Event: The 52nd Global Gala: Treasures of Armenia – Saturday May 18, 2013
International House Philadelphia Celebrates the People & Culture of Armenia with 52nd Global Gala: Treasures of Armenia
This Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 6:30p.m., International House Philadelphia (IHP) will host its 52nd
Global Gala: Treasures of Armenia! With artwork from Armenian artists adorning the
walls and a nine-course dinner that includes traditional Armenian dishes, the 52nd
will invite guests to learn more about the many jewels within Armenia, while also raising
money for Armenian students and scholars who are members of International House.
The history of IHP’s Global Gala dates back to 1962, when it was known as the International
Festival Ball. Styled as a dinner-dance, the gala honored a different nation each year, and
continues to do so today.
The Global Gala is held at IHP’s award-winning building at 37th
Chestnut in University City. This year’s event will bring together both foreign and American
students, as well as the larger Philadelphia community.
Guests to the 52nd in the silent auction, while also mingling with corporate and government leaders, and
other influential regional residents. Guests will dine on a variety of Armenian delicacies
as the sounds of Armenian community favorite, The Steve Vosbikian Ensemble fill IHP.
Additionally, attendees will be able to check out IHP’s open-call, juried art exhibit that will
be on display from April 3 – June 30, 2013. The exhibit features works in a variety of two dimensional media from artists of at least partial Armenian descent. Works were selected to create a cohesive presentation that highlights contemporary Armenian art by artists of the
Greater Philadelphia region.
The 52nd Global Gala: Treasures of Armenia is a can’t-miss event! To purchase tickets, call
215.895.6527 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org!
And be sure to follow International House Philadelphia on Twitter: @ihousephilly!
Global Gala and Global Gala will have the opportunity to bid on a host of enticing items
- His Excellency Tatoul Markarian | Ambassador of Armenia to the US
- The Honorable Michael A. Nutter | Mayor, City of Philadelphia
- The Honorable Jannie L. Blackwell | Councilwoman, City of Philadelphia
- The Honorable Robert P. Casey, Jr. | Pennsylvania State Senator
- The Honorable Vincent J. Hughes | Pennsylvania State Senator
- The Honorable Daylin Leach | Pennsylvania State Senator
- The Honorable Anthony Hardy Williams | Pennsylvania State Senator
- The Honorable James R. Roebuck, Jr. | Pennsylvania State Representative
- Principal Sister Emma Moussayan | Armenian Sisters Academy
- Reverend Pastor L. Nishan Bakalian | Armenian Martyrs’ Congregational Church
- Reverend Father Mikael Bassale | Saint Mark’s Armenian Catholic Church
- Reverend Father Hakob Gevorgyan | Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church
- Very Reverend Father Oshagan Gulgulian | Saint Sahag Saint Mesrob
- Archpriest Father Nerses Manoogian | Saint Gregory’s Armenian Church
- Esther & Albert Momjian
- Joan & Set Momjian