BREAKING: Fire at 13th St. Capogiro (ok not so breaking I see)
As reported by the City Paper’s Felicia D’Ambrosio on Monday, June 15th, 2009 at 10:40 am there was a small fire at Capogiro’s on 13th Street
It was weigh in day at NBC10/Fusion Cross Training Boot Camp and after a recorded 7lb loss for 2 weeks I thought I would celebrate at Capogiro’s with a sugar/fat free cup of something special and found this note on the door.
A fire broke out just before 8 a.m. this morning at the original Capogiro Gelato Artisans on the corner of 13th and Sansom Streets. Firefighters had the blaze, which was possibly started by the shop’s large gelato display case, under control by 8 a.m. There were no injuries. Capogiro operations controller Tacy Connell said that the case, which was imported directly from Italy when the shop opened in December 2003, could have overheated after being switched on this morning. Other than the destroyed case, the shop suffered water damage. 13th St. Capogiro will be closed until further notice. (Meal Ticket)
Instead I had some Sweet Ending. Today’s flavor was Watermelon.