The Temple University Board of Trustees has recently announced that they
will no longer be funding several sports programs, one being men’s
gymnastics. Temple gymnastics has been a pillar to Temple University
with its academic and athletic excellence. We have produced national
champions, world team members, and Olympians since our inaugural season.
Please help us SAVE OUR SPORT!
Over the weekend the alumni gathered as they do annually, to attend the first meet of the season, a bitter sweet season as it’s the last.
The Alumni, friends and supporters are rallying ways to raise funds to save the program. One way is to do a calendar to raise awareness to the dire situation. The idea of the calendar was conceived by Dash Sears and Clay Stewart.
Photographer is Michael Thomas a seasoned sports photographer who flew in from NH to shoot.
- If someone wants to get involved, inquire about donations, or ask questions about the calendar, please email Clay Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We have one of the most dedicated alumni bases with a 25%
donation rate, compared to a 7% donation rate of the overall Temple
- Our team is self-sustained with a combination of tuition money and donations. We are not an expense to the university.
- The team operates on a budget less than the helmet and chinstrap budget of the Temple Football Team.
Susie Celek stopped by to lend her support
and give the guys some encouragement
- The team’s GPA is the highest of all teams at the university for the past 3 years.
- The team has one of the best winning records of all team’s at the university.
- Team has been around since 1926.
Let your voices be heard by going to Templegymnastics.com
check the Save Temple Gymnastics online petition. For addresses of the
president and board members visit the Temple University Men’s Gymnastics
. (Paige Ozaroski
took this photo)
On Saturday the boys did a photo spread for the calendar at the Goldtex Apartments in Center City. Slice pizza provided the sustenance for the enduring and endless posing.